MBA CFP DFP DFM Dip FMBM F Fin FIML SMSF (Specialist) JP (Qual)
Mike began his career in financial services, joining the public service in 1985 as an awards and finance officer.
He left the public service in 1989 to take up a position as a financial services consultant in the private sector.
Mike then dedicated himself to the study of financial planning and financial markets.
In 1991, Mike formed his own financial services practice and dedicated himself from that point to the study of business, economics, financial planning, finance, investment philosophy and strategy.
In the mid 1990s, Mike began public comment on Brisbane radio, morning and afternoon drive on financial and investment matters, which he contributed to the community for over a decade.
Mike has spoken publicly as guest presenter for numerous business groups and law firms since 1994 on investment philosophy and strategy and is regularly approached by business to address corporate events.
From an academic and representative prospective:
- Mike was asked to sit on the first board of the FPA (Queensland division) in late 1992.
- He was one of the first members of the FPA and was heavily involved in industry support and consumer advocacy.
- In late 1994, Mike became a member of the Securities Institute of Australia, now the Financial Services Institute of Australasia “FINSIA”, progressing to Fellow.
- Mike dedicated himself to study in the early 1990s completing the Diploma of Financial Planning and the Diploma of Financial Markets with the Securities Institute of Australia.
- He later began a Masters Degree in Business Administration achieving a high distinction in financial planning.
- Mike was one of the first “Certified Financial Planner” applicants granted the designation in 1997 and has been qualified to advise on listed securities, shares, stocks and prescribed interests since 1992.
- Mike became one of the first members of the Finance Brokers Association of Queensland in 1996 (now FBAA) and joined the MIAA, now the MFAA upon its inauguration.
- Mike completed the Cert IV in Mortgage Lending and then the Diploma of Finance Mortgage and Broking Management in July 2012 in line with MFAA requirements.
- He is a long standing holder of an Australian Credit Licence and has held direct authorities with many finance organisations since 2001.
- He is a Director of an accounting practice and is a qualified SMSF Specialist designate as well as a long-standing qualified Justice of the Peace in QLD.
Today, Mike continues to provide holistic financial advice and lectures publically on investment strategy and philosophy whilst working hard on his vision to bring professionalism to the financial services industry.
Mike Sheridan and Cartier Financial Group Pty Ltd ABN 51 169 460 548 are authorised representatives (232698/458787) of MyPlanner Professional Services Pty Ltd, ABN 51 159 696 830 (AFSL 425542).
Mike Sheridan is a sole director of Cartier Financial Group Pty Ltd.
Under this authority, Mike can provide numerous financial services outlined in his Financial Services Guide upon request (version 4.1 0418).
These services include Portfolio Construction, Self-Managed Super Fund Advice, Advice on ASX Listed Shares, Advice on Managed Trusts, Advice on Stocks, Debenture Securities and Government Bonds, Advice on Installment Warrants and Fixed Interest Investment, Personal and Business Insurance Advice, Estate Planning Advice, Retirement and Aged Care Planning and Investor Directed Portfolio Services.
These services are provided by Mike as an employee and director of Cartier Financial Group Pty Ltd and are provided independent of other financial services offered under separate authorities held by Mike and associated entities.
Regarding advice in the area of Finance, Mike is a director of Brisbane Property Information Pty Ltd, holder of Australian Credit Licence No. 392418.
Mike is an employee and director of Brisbane Property Information Pty Ltd, providing advice on residential, commercial and development finance.
Mike provides advice on credit under his authority with Brisbane Property Information Pty Ltd and advice is provided independent of other financial services offered under separate authorities held by Mike and associated entities.
Mike is an employee and director of Noblehouse Financial Planning Pty Ltd, providing advice and service in the areas of residential and commercial property analysis as well as business acquisition and organisational trading structures.
Mike has extensive knowledge in the area of Brisbane Real Estate and has helped thousands of people over more than two decades make decisions on direction regarding property investment.
Mike does not receive any form of Real Estate commission and is not aligned with any sales organisation or development group.
Regarding business matters, Mike has helped restructure many businesses over the last two decades to help improve bottom line and ensure the trading structure is sound.
Again, advice provided under his authority with Noblehouse Financial Planning Pty Ltd is provided independent of other financial services offered under separate authorities held by Mike and associated entities.